Friday 27 May 2011

New ideas

I always procrastinate about things I really want to do, I have been putting off writing this for weeks, but secretly looking forward to it as well. Today I decided to write a To-Do list and actually get these things started.

I have a customer picking up the walnut coffee table today, its such a beautiful table, I love how the wood is cut, walnut is a gorgeous wood, and Art Deco has such an appreciation of wood, the style always shows it well. Only the second item I have sold, and both have broken! First my lovely 20's phone received some damage in transit, so sad. Then the glass of this table smashed just before I sold it! The customer gets better quality glass, because the replacement glass is better quality, but god really? Both my first sales break? Trust my luck.

What I want to give all you people out there is a link to the gorgeous pieces of art deco furniture and objets d'art I find around Sydney. I list them all on Ebay, but here I will give you some more details, and also some history and information both on the things I find, but also on the thousands of places these things are available.

I find them and fix them, but if you are looking for anything in particular, you can comment or email me, and I can find it for you. Or if you are interested in any particular period or style, do the same and I will do my best to answer.

At the moment I have two items about to go on Ebay. One is a stunning Danish Rocker. It was such an awesome find, sometimes I find it really hard not to keep the awesome treasures I find. It has bee reupholstered, it amazing. Its from the 30s and in great condition, have a look at the photos. The second item s a black lamp. Its huge! has a great warm tone, is really solid and will enhance any home, be it art deco or modern. Its actually the second lamp I have found from the same manufacturer, Anthonys, they are from Canada. The first one I kept... I actually find it quite hard to date these, they could be 90 years old, or 10 years old. Black and Gold and stunning.

I will post links to ebay whenever I have new items on, and will be keeping you up to date on all new happenings.

As I said, let me know anything you are interested in and I will do my best.

Bec

Items for sale on Ebay right now

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270756313065#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270756311138&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270756684180#ht_500wt_1156

No comments:

Post a Comment